Oleg Rakitine - Front-End Developer
Observer, Researcher, Designer, Creator. Fascinated with our environment, people, interactions. Has a hunger for knowledge of what makes it all "TICK".
- User Interface design; Visually presenting complex ideas
- Requirements gathering; Listening to the user needs
- Developing responsive, adaptive web applications with cross browser compatibility
- Obsession with CSS magic and it's limitations
- Developing standards and component based architectures; Following best practices.
- Eager to try new technologies, frameworks.
Synaptive Medical Inc. (2013 - 2018)
Sr. UI Developer
- Was a member of a design team to develop new robotically-controlled digital microscope (primarily used for minimally invasive port based brain and spine surgeries). With the main focus on User Interface design, I gathered research and insights to provide valuable feedback for hardware engineers and other teams.
- Designed and developed an intuitive user experience so that every person in the operating room would be comfortable using it. Optimized workflows that shortened procedure times, ultimately improving patient's outcomes.
- Some of the UI interaction designs became part of patents.
- Used AngularJS 1.2/1.5 framework to develop robust and bullet proof code that let me sleep at night.
- Built and documented a style guide and a UI framework of reusable components to speed up development and maintain the brand look and feel across multiple projects.
TemboSocial Inc. (2013)
- Designed a tool for HR professionals to measure and increase employee engagement through clear actions.
- Performed feature definitions, task analysis, user workflows, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups.
Dealfind Inc. / TeamBuy (2012 - 2013)
(Note: Dealfind merged with TeamBuy in 2013, and later both companies stopped existing)
Sr GUI Developer
- Tasked with redesigning desktop, mobile websites and phone apps into single responsive website. Evaluating existing website assets and workflows.
- Researched and developed consistent predictable interface to minimize a user's learning curve by adhered to design style guides and industry best practices.
- Improved developer team productivity by creating an implementation plan, wireframes, user workflows, cleaning up front end code and introducing a template engine.
Armstrong Partnership LP (2008 - 2012)
Sr. Web Developer
- Designed and developed over 50 websites and microsites for numerous high-profile clients, such as Kraft Canada, MasterCard Canada, TD Canada Trust, Post Foods, Alcon.
- Increased brand loyalty and visibility by contributing to the planning of promotional and experiential campaigns.
- Worked closely with Art director and Graphic designers creating polished products, iterating until perfect.
YYZ Travel Group (2005 - 2008)
- Performed the full spectrum of Web-related tasks. Made a makeover for existing four company websites.
Research: Pen and Paper, Stack Overflow
Design: Adobe Creative Suite, Photo retouching
Front-End Development: TypeScript, AngularJS, BEM/CSS3 via Sass.
Backend Development: PHP, C#, SQL
York University, Computer Science
Photography, Wood carving, Archery